In 2010, Anna Love created Love to Live Well, a wellness consulting business that provides services to employers that want to improve employee wellness in addition to private practice dietitian & health coaching services to individuals.
After growing up near Amarillo, Texas, Anna Love moved to Denton in 1988 to attend Texas Woman’s University and play on the tennis team. In 1995, Anna became a Registered Dietitian while working on her master’s degree in Exercise & Sports Nutrition. She was a consulting dietitian with Preferred Nutrition Therapists (now Professional Nutrition Therapists) and early in her career she worked as a dietitian on clinical research trials in the Institute for Women’s Health. She worked with clients on their health behaviors, particularly their diets, exercise routines, and stress management. With a growing passion for understanding what influences the health behavior choices people make, Anna pursued her PhD in Health Studies and she became a Certified Health Education Specialist in 2002.
For seven years prior to forming Love to Live Well, Anna taught at Texas Woman’s University (TWU) in the Department of Health Studies, first as a Visiting Assistant Professor, then as an Assistant Professor. Her primary classes taught were Health Communications, Strategies in Health Education Delivery, Program Planning, and Program Evaluation. These serve her well in employer wellness programs. She has been active in the following community coalitions:
- Wellness Alliance for Total Children’s Health (where she served on the leadership team)
- Denton County Healthy Communities Coalition (where she coordinated the nutrition work group for several years including the building of the Denton County Heart-Healthy Dining Guide)
- previously served on the Power of a Healthy Woman planning committee
- Texas AgriLIFE Extension Leadership Advisory Board (Vice President)
- Texas AgriLIFE Extension Program Area Committee for Family & Consumer Sciences (Co-treasurer)
- Flow Health Care Foundation (President)
She holds degrees in:
- BS in Dietetics & Institution Administration
- MS in Exercise & Sports Nutrition
- PhD in Health Studies (Community Health Focus)
Her credentials are as follows:
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
- Certified Health Education Specialist
- Intrinsic Coach TM-Health & Wellness
- Certified Health Promotion Director
Anna’s PhD in Health Studies allows her to provide the Medical Nutrition Therapy within her scope of practice as a registered dietitian/nutritionist to you wrapped up in the supportive environment of health coaching for wellness, active lifestyle, and appropriate stress management which improve outcomes for effective weight management and metabolic syndrome management and prevention as well as management and prevention of other conditions.
Anna sees herself as a family practice dietitian and health coach with a broad scope of practice. Love to Live Well sees men, women, and children over 5 years of age with the hope that entire families to adopt healthier lifestyles together. Anna has been making health behavior changes easier since 1996.
See how small changes can make a great impact on your health. Call or email today!